Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

In celebration of Earth Day I am posting some landscape shots to motivate everyone to go outside and enjoy the outdoors. :) Luckily the weather here in Idaho is perfect for spending time outside today, and I plan on going outside to take advantage of it!

Photo taken during a three day backpacking trip in the Seven Devils Mountain Range in central Idaho. The scenery was breathtaking and well worth all the hiking.

The Sand Dunes National Monument near Alamosa, Colorado. The climb to the top of the dunes is brutal, but completely worth it, as you can see from the view.

Cherry Creek State Park in Denver. I love the sun rays in this one!



This photo was taken in the Grand Canyon during a 3 mile morning hike.

If you did anything fun for Earth Day, I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

twiddlestix said...

Gorgeous Photos as usual! I've never been to the Grand Canyon, and would love to go! Looks beautiful. Hope you enjoyed your day! I spent mine cleaning up my yard.

Rhythms of Light said...

The Grand Canyon was an amazing place to visit. Seeing it in photos is nothing liking experiencing first hand. I was awe-struck the first time I saw it. :)