Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thousand Springs

The past month I had been stuck at home mostly because I was sick, so I absolutely had to get out of Boise last weekend! Destination: 1000 Springs Hot Springs near Hagerman, Idaho. I know it's not really that far away from Boise, only about an hour and a half, but it was far enough to appease my travel bug (for the moment anyway).

The hot springs were extremely crowded, but it was nice to do a little swimming. It made me feel like summer was just that much closer. :)

The hot springs lie along the Thousand Springs Scenic Byway, which has a thousand (maybe?) waterfalls pouring down the canyon walls along the opposite side of the Snake River. Here are some photos of a few of the falls to enjoy! I'll definitely have to go back later in the spring or fall when the hillsides are green and photograph some more of the falls.

No comments: